Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day... yeah whatever.



Soooo It has been a few days. Let's blame it on, I don't know. I have eaten in the last few days.

I have no excuses...

Thursday I had take-away from my Chinese restaurant nearby that I trust to cook bean curd home style in a vegan way. (mostly because the girl that works at the counter speaks English and goes to my daughter's school... she has informed me that they make it vegan for everyone.) I don't trust restaurants since I went to a coffee shop let's call them "Moondollars" and I discovered they use the SAME cups to steam the cow's milk and the soy milk. Yeah, I am SURE they washed the cups and nozzles between...that is why I got sick for two days after drinking it.

Friday I had chili I had frozen from a few weeks ago when I had the gang over. I will have to make a blog entry on that one when I make it a new. It is Honey-Chipotle Chili and my family just adores it. Yeah I know some Vegans don't do Honey... I have seen Bee Movie but I am just not feeling that one. I don't see it as any worse than flour. Call me crazy... if you feel differently maybe there is something I don't know. Feel free to comment or message me!

Anyway, I woke up this morning and decided I really want to cook today. I went all over the internet blogs, searched my vegan cookbooks and non-vegan cook books... I finally settled on falafel sandwiches, rice pilaf,tzatziki and tahini sauces. Now to get my man to get off of CALL OF DUTY and call up our Iraqi friends and find out the name of the Middle Eastern grocer in the town near us... They have the best pitas and flatbread that has ever existed.

We will see... that is the plan for now, but plans change don't they?

Anyway, here is lunch!

1 beautiful bunch of asparagus
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons of sesame oil
2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Amino
Red Peper Flakes/sea salt to taste
toasted sesame seeds for garnish

wash and dry asparagus cut off ends, heat oil in a large pan (big enough to not crowd the asparagus)for a minute or two. Add Braggs, vinegar, salt and red pepper flakes stir and then add the asparagus. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until the asparagus is slightly softened but still crispy. Settle on plate and garnish with toasted seasame seeds.

Well, my kids don't like Asparagus I just discovered... oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting 2 try asparagus 4 awhile, but was nervous about our kids not liking it :-/

    ReplyDelete