Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Got some fun!!!! Mexican Chipotle Fiesta!

Oh, my life changed that day. The day I discovered the KROGER Brand Ranch Packets are VEGAN!!! WOOOO!!!! So I need to have a Fiesta to celebrate. Mexican Chipotle Fiesta Salad to be exact!

I adore Chipotle and any kind of Mexican-ish Salad. Here is my favorite!


Chipotle Ranch Dressing
1 container of Tofutti Sour Cream
1 packet Kroger Brand (or other Vegan) Ranch Salad Dressing Packet
3 tbsp Chipotle in Adobo Sauce
2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 fresh lime

First prep your chipotle peppers, WEAR GLOVES (trust me) seed the chipotle peppers and remove ribs add to the blender and dump all of the adobo sauce in too. Puree until well blended. Your chipotle will keep in the fridge for about 4 days.

Now on to the dressing
In a medium bowl mix all of the ingredients.

Okay EVERYONE knows what goes in a salad but her is my fave with this dressing!

Black Beans
grilled corn
grilled red bell pepper
black olives
Soy or Rice Cheese
Red Onion
Tomato
Jalapeño
Packaged Salad Mix (I like Hearts of Romaine the BEST)

Some people like to add corn chips or other nonsense... I like to put it all in a really big chip! I have THIS and I really recommend them! You can bake a flour tortilla in the oven and then you have a thing of beauty! OR you could buy this... they taste great and they are a little bigger but I don't like the price or the nutrition label. They are No Bueno!

I am going to hang some balloons for my fiesta! Blog On!

No comments:

Post a Comment