Friday, September 3, 2010

Chili Weather is a comin!

I don't care that I live in Nashville and it is still 90 degrees out!!!!!! Do you? I didn't think so!

Here is my long awaited chili recipe. You are going to kick yourself it is soooo simple and NO there is NO chili powder in it!

1 jalapeño seeded, finely diced
1 medium sized Pablano pepper, seeded and finely diced
1 medium to large spanish onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 rehydrated Ancho chili, seeded and diced (rehydrate in boiling water for 30 mins)
3 stalks of celery, diced
2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
1 tsp chipotle in adobe sauce (see note)
2 cans (15 oz) Light Red Kidney Beans
2 cans (15 oz) Dark Red Kidney Beans
4 cans (15 oz) Petite Diced Tomatoes, undrained
3 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
salt to taste
cayenne if you like

-not opposed to honey...like me? 3/4 cup honey
- meat eater (NOT like me) add 1 lbs pre-browned GROUND SIRLOIN! Not ground chuck or beef, it is also okay to add pre-browned stew meat.

Here goes...
preheat oil in dutch oven or stock pot over medium high heat. Add all of your vegetables and chilies and sauté until onions and celery are translucent. Add everything else. cook until the sauce is reduced and the consistency is Chilish!

There. Mystery solved? I told you it wasn't that amazing!

Got a Vegan in a meat eating house hold? split the mixture in half and put it into 2 pots, only add the meat and honey to one and leave the other pot the same or add veggie crumbles or even rehydrated TVP. I know, simple but I had to say it for those who don't "get it" yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment